A raster image processor (RIP) is a part employed in a printing technique which makes a raster graphic also known as a bitmap the most prevalent of which is TIFF (.tif), BMP (.bmp), PICT (.pct), GIF (.gif), JPEG (.jpg). There are others as nicely normally Photoshop’s native PSD format that supports bitmaps, text and vector layers.
The bitmap is then sent to a printing device for output. The enter could be a website page description in a substantial-degree website page description language these kinds of as PostScript, Moveable Document Format, XPS or an additional bitmap of larger or lessen resolution than the output product. In the latter case, the RIP applies possibly smoothing or interpolation algorithms to the enter bitmap to deliver the output bitmap.
Raster picture processing is the procedure and the means of turning vector digital details these kinds of as a PostScript file into a significant-resolution raster image.
Every single impression that exists in a electronic electronic structure is manufactured of photo aspects. At some place, all these types of digital picture knowledge, irrespective of whether expressed as vector format info or bitmap structure information, should be rendered into pixels for screen on a observe or for printing on a printer. All photographs, as a result, have pixels as their base. Rendering, or translating the digital knowledge into physical output, is the most vital element of realising these types of images. The term raster impression processing (RIP) refers to the system of translating electronic image knowledge into physical visible visuals and graphics. The software package RIP interpretes the site description languages and digital graphic data and translates the illustration into a steady tone bitmap. It then applies frequency and amplitude modulation specifically managed by refined mathematical algorithms developing the details that is required for the output device to function properly.
When we want to print an advertising and marketing poster the ideal benefits are realized incorporating equally vector and bitmap graphics. A mix of
- Photos – heaps of colors, set/finite sizing from a electronic camera. These documents will be bitmaps, probably.tif or.jpg information and massive sizing to attain the essential resolution. Images just are unable to be quickly represented as a vector graphic.
- Firm brand and some straightforward illustrations that will be modest-sized files that will print smoothly at any resolution. The information use easy, non-photorealistic colours, and we might want to edit them a little bit to provide our needs. These documents must be bitmaps – probably. EPS files for use in other systems.
- We will also use some fonts, which are basically vector information.
- The logos, illustration documents and the text files are going to be small vector data files and they will scale infinitely to allow for us to print a billboard dimensions and the edges will keep on being razor sharp.
As soon as we have these documents collected, we want a plan that can get the job done with both of those bitmaps and vector graphics. Photoshop, by far the most well known site structure instrument, is adept at handling both bitmap and vector graphics. Irrespective of the software, the vector and bitmap aspects get integrated into a person do the job, potentially a Photoshop PSD file or Moveable Document Format.
Just about every PostScript printer incorporates a RIP in its firmware.
Massive structure offices and print company suppliers generally use an impartial RIP that can charge quite a few 1000’s of kilos. In some circumstances these RIP options conduct supplemental capabilities on your own or in conjunction with committed program including queuing print careers, batch processing, imposition, trapping, color separations, and halftone screening. The RIP software program may perhaps contain additional pre-flight features this kind of as checking for lacking fonts or graphics prior to processing.
Hewlett-Packard’s newest Designjet is the most successful huge structure printer in its course offering vivid, large-influence prints
The HP Designjet Z6100 Image Printer Q6651A has been designed to produce sophisticated GIS and architectural outputs, this kind of as multi-layer, aerial or satellite maps, renders, visualizations in creation speeds, even in photographic image quality with correct and repeatable colors.
The HP Designjet Z6100ps Printer Q6653A is best for print support companies and complex shoppers on the lookout to minimize their turnarounds and create substantial-influence prints with vivid color and CAD and GIS applications with crisp traces.
In comparison with the HP Designjet 5500 the Z6100 sequence gives
Minimize in general significant format printing fees:
– Up to 33% price savings on photographic/GIS prints compared to the 5000/5500 utilizing UV inks
– Very same ink costs, or a lot less, on photographic/GIS prints utilizing UV ink on the HP Designjet Z6100 Sequence, as opposed to making use of dye centered ink on the HP Designjet 5000/5500 Series
– Twice the functionality from 12 sq. meters/hr, to 24 sq meters/hr
– Up to 5X speedier processing complex documents
– Improved unattended printing – even overnight – up to 75 m extensive rolls and eight 775 ml cartridges
– Help you save time with embedded world wide web server and HP Print Utility with improved distant printer monitoring
Improved print high-quality:
– 2400 X 1200 dpi from 1200 X 600 dpi for improved print quality
– HP embedded spectrometer & HP Optical Media Progress Sensor (OMAS)
– Broader colour gamut with 200+ year fade resistance indoors
– Correct neutral range of grays and blacks with HP 3 black inks
Additional environmentally responsible:
– 40% much less electricity usage whilst the printer is not in use
The HP Z6100 Printer collection delivers discounts of up to 40% on ink costs! From posters to photos, maps to high-quality artwork, the HP Designjet delivers substantial personal savings, outstanding print speeds and remarkable image good quality and durability up to a maximum width of 60 inches.