Sharing my experience and a handful of alternatives on how to deal with the “Outlook is closing” concern
In the previous, I used an email consumer to entry my e-mail and my computer software of preference was Mozilla Thunderbird. I imagine that I have pointed out that a number of instances here on the blog site. I have extended due to the fact given up using electronic mail purchasers and want to use the website version rather, specially for Gmail.
On the other hand, when I got the Dell Inspiron 5490 All-In-One Desktop, a person of the preinstalled program was Microsoft Outlook. I have tried using Outlook in the previous and since it was previously there, I determined that I would check out employing it once more.
After a number of months of working with Outlook, I encountered an problem exactly where the plan would not close appropriately. When I check out to reopen or relaunch Outlook, practically nothing occurs. When I checked the notification spot, I observed a greyed-out icon and when I put the mouse above it shows “Outlook is closing“.
Outlook is Closing Short-term Fix
The greatest remedy I had at that time was to kill the course of action mainly because restarting the computer system took more time. To do that just do the adhering to steps:
- Push the Command-Alt-Delete keys at the similar time
- Click on on Task Manager (alternatively you can proper-click on the Home windows brand and click on Activity Supervisor)
- Click on on the People tab
- Scroll down and search for the method named Outlook.exe
- Decide on Outlook.exe, ideal-simply click, and click on Conclude activity
Immediately after following this procedure, I was now able to restart or reopen Outlook.
Some individuals are saying that the “Outlook is closing” challenge is brought about by broken or faulty include-ins but in my situation, I didn’t have any increase-ins put in so I’m not sure what could have triggered it. The measures I furnished higher than are just a short-term deal with and you would not want to hold undertaking it each individual single time Outlook does not startup so I’m also going to share with you some substitute options I identified on the web that are meant to repair the problem permanently.
Outlook is Closing Option Options
I no for a longer time have to encounter this problem due to the fact I stopped employing Outlook. If you’re right here to uncover a alternative to assist correct the “Outlook is closing” problem, in this article are a handful of remedies you can try out:
Generate A New Outlook Profile
- Open up the Outlook app
- Simply click on File, then simply click + Incorporate Account
- Comply with the prompts/ways and end environment up your e mail account
- Check out if the problem has been fixed
Repair service Office App
- Open Command Panel
- Search for Systems and click on Uninstall a software
- Scroll down and glimpse for Microsoft 365, proper-click on and simply click Transform
- Find both Speedy Repair service or Online Repair
- Comply with the directions on the display to full the maintenance
- Look at if the concern has been solved
Disable Damaged Outlook Include-Ins
- Push the Home windows brand + R button to open the Run command dialog box
- Variety in outlook /risk-free and press Enter
- This will start out the Outlook app in safe and sound method
- On the menu bar, click on on File and decide on Alternatives to open the Solutions wizard
- Up coming, click on on the Include-ins tab
- Scroll down to the base and glance for the Manage part, click on on the Go button
- Make guaranteed to uncheck all offered Include-ins and click on Okay to save changes
- Relaunch Outlook and test if the concern has been resolved
If the possibilities previously mentioned unsuccessful to solve the situation, there is one more selection that includes fixing corrupt knowledge information.
Mend Corrupt Outlook Knowledge File
- Press the Home windows brand + E button to open Home windows Explorer
- On the deal with bar, style in C:System FilesMicrosoft OfficerootOffice16*
- Locate the file SCANPST.EXE and operate (double-simply click) it
- Enter or form in the path and file title of the .pst file** that you want to fix and click Get started
- When the process is concluded, click the Restore button
- Check if the problem has been resolved
*If you can’t identify the SCANPST.EXE file in the area presented higher than, you can discover it by adhering to these ways:
- Run Microsoft Outlook
- Open up Task Supervisor and locate the Microsoft Outlook approach
- Ideal-click on Microsoft Outlook and simply click on Open up file locale
- Windows Explorer will open up the folder exactly where Outlook is set up
- Scroll down and glimpse for the SCANPST.EXE file
**If you do not know how to locate the .pst file, look at out this link.
As I described previously, I do not have to deal with this challenge any longer due to the fact I stopped using Outlook. I resolved to share this to assistance anybody going through the identical concern. Ideally 1 of the proposed answers will aid.
If you know of an alternate resolution aside from the types talked about in this article that fixes the “Outlook is closing” situation, make sure you share it with us so that we can increase it here and enable men and women out.
Did you discover this article valuable? If you did, make sure you click on on the Yes button under the “Was This Write-up Beneficial?” area and by sharing it on social media applying the share icons less than the put up title.
Resource website link